My Foodsaver Is an Indispensable Appliance in the Kitchen
In fact, we use our FoodSaver more than our toaster! It has a permanent place on my kitchen counter.
Buying food in bulk is my favorite way to purchase food economically and quickly add to my food storage. The drawback to bulk buying is that I need to have a way to store and save food.
- SAVE MONEY AND SEAL FRESHNESS IN: Meat preserved with the FoodSaver System in the freezer can last up to 3 years and...
- AUTOMATIC BAG DETECTION: Automatic bag detection makes vacuum sealing easier than ever: simply put the bag in the vacuum...
- SIMPLE TO USE: Built in roll storage and cutter lets you easily make custom sized bags to fit whatever you seal, while...
Here Are 5 Ways to Use a Foodsaver Every Day.
1. Use the jar attachment to take oxygen out of canning jars. This is a really cool feature that I love and use a lot. When I purchase dry foods in food bulk I always have a “working jar” in the pantry. The jar attachment lets me keep pantry items fresh for longer periods of time. This works especially well with my new meals in a jar strategy.
2. Store seeds and grain in smaller packaging and place them in the freezer. I purchased 55 pounds of chia seed in bulk at the beginning of the year. My storage strategy for it includes 16 pounds in smaller packages kept in the freezer. It is important to keep oxygen and moisture out of the seed. Putting it into FoodSaver packages works great. You can extend the shelf life of any seed or gain by freezing it in a FoodSaver package.
3. Purchase meat in bulk and sort it into smaller, meal size packaging. Pop them into the freezer and remove a package as needed. Meat will last longer – without freezer burn – in a FoodSaver bag.
4. Leftovers will last longer in a FoodSaver bag in the refrigerator. Sometimes I cut the bag bigger than we need it so we can open and reseal.
5. Place fresh meat and your favorite marinate into a FoodSaver bag and seal it. Taking the oxygen out of the bag helps infuse the sauce into the meat.
Please visit our Food Storage board on Pinterest and see what other fun ideas we’ve found.
Pick Up Your Own Foodsaver HereFoodsaver 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealer Machine
More from PreparednessMama
PreparednessMama provides women with reliable, realistic and practical information about preparedness, self-reliance, gardening, food storage and everyday life – without the hype. Come ask an expert how you can prepare your family for the big and small disasters in life.