and how to handle them safely.
Have you ever been stuck along the side of the road because of car trouble? It could be a flat tire, dead battery or overheating engine, either way it certainly puts a crimp in your day.
Prepare ahead of time for the most common roadside emergencies. A simple car kit and instructions to fix the problem may be all you need to get safely back on the road.
In this infographic you’ll learn:
- How to change a flat tire
- How to use the rocking method to get a stuck vehicle moving again
- What to do with an overheating engine
- How to jumpstart a car with a dead battery
- What to do after a car accident
First you should build a simple vehicle emergency kit with the following items:
- First Aid Kit
- Universal Lug Wrench
- Folding Emergency Safety Triangle
- Jump Cables
- Antifreeze / Coolant
- Engine Oil
- Spare Tire
- Tire Jack
- Tire Pressure Gauge
- Note pad and pen
- Owner manual
- High Visibility Safety Vest
- Food and water
Review these 5 Common Roadside Emergencies so you are prepared for your next roadside challenge. Have you ever needed an emergency kit?