Rounding-up the Prepper Websites I Love
I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know it all. It’ pretty hard to get prepared for all the challenges of the world, if we rely only on ourselves. Even PreparednessMama needs to get information from others! The great thing about the preparedness community is the wealth of free information available to help us be ready – just in case.
No man is an island.
“We can’t thrive just by being alone. “No Man is an Island” means that man is a social being that cannot exist without his fellows. No one is self-sufficient and everyone relies on another for survival.”
I love that I can be part of this community and so today I want to spread the love and tell you about some other preparedness bloggers that I’ve found. These people have helped me get ready. These are solid websites that you can go to for reliable information.
I’ve divided them into categories for easy review. Each site has something useful to offer to help you become self-reliant. And that’s what it’s all about, isn’t it? Plus, rest assured, you won’t find any “doomsday” preps here. That’s not really my style.
I hope you’ll take the time to visit their sites, bookmark the ones you like and please leave a comment below if you know of one I haven’t heard of yet. We can’t have too much information!
The Preparedness Blogger Round-Up *in no particular order!
Home Ready Home – Preparedness and self-reliance
2. Prepared Housewives – Simplified food storage, Emergency Prep, Survival skills
3. Backdoor Survival – Tips and tools for a self-reliant lifestyle
4. MP Off Grid Living – Sustainable Preparedness, Renewable Off-Grid Solutions, Disaster/Emergency Alerts
5. The Busy B Homemaker – Family Preparedness
6. The Bug Out Bag Guide – Prepping, survival and disaster planning
7. Survival Sherpa – Doing the Stuff of self-reliance and preparedness
8. The Survival Mom – Preparedness topics and Survival Mom Radio Network
9. Chickadee Homestead – Homestead DIY projects and tutorials
10 .Taylor Made Ranch – Thriving in NE Texas
11. Homestead Dreamer – Homesteading is prepping plus animals!
12. Imperfectly Happy – Backyard homesteading, homeschooling and more
13. Common Sense Homesteading – Homesteading, Gardening, and preparedness.
14. Timber Creek Farmer – Homesteading and preparedness
15. Ever Growing Farm – Homesteading /Urban Farming
16. Self-Reliant School – Homesteading (Suburban)
17. Survival at Home – Homesteading, Prepping, and gardening
18. Pioneering Today, Melissa K Norris – Modern homesteading, gardening, food storage
19. Sustainable Homesteading – Homesteading plus, foraging, medicinal herbs, chickens, bees
Seven Springs Homestead – Homemaking and homesteading
21. Hickery Holler Farm – Canning and gardening
22. Apartment Prepper – Family Preparedness in an apartment
23. The Prairie Homestead – Homesteading and recipes
Food Storage Bloggers
24. Food Storage and Survival – Food storage, survival, and self-reliance
25. Food Storage Moms – Food Storage and Emergency Preparedness
26. Food Storage Made Easy – 10 simple baby steps to food storage
27. Mama Kautz – Food storage and essential oils
28. Simply Living Simply – Living a semi-homemade homesteading life
29. Whole New Mom – Food storage, frugal living
General Preparedness, Self-Reliance, and Gardening Bloggers
30. Mom with a PREP – General preparedness, suburban homesteading, food storage and preservation
31. Survivehive – General preparedness and homesteading
32. The Rural Economist – DIY, homesteading, preparedness, wild edibles
33. Herbal Prepper – Herbs and such – fabulous podcasts!
34. Annie’s Place to Learn – Herbs, home remedies, natural care
35. Prep Utility Vehicle – Weekly list of free prepping & self-sufficiency books on Amazon
36. One Hundred Dollars a Month – Mavis’ quest to live on $100 of food each month. Plenty of gardening tips too.
37. Oregon State University Extension Office – OK, not technically a blogger but they have excellent gardening and small farm support.
38. PreparednessMama – of course! Taking the Scared out of Being Prepared
Check back on Friday for a special post series from your favorite prepared blogger. You won’t want to miss it…Have a wonderful week and keep prepping!
Found you on Pinterest! We’re always HAPPY to connect with like minded preppers, homsteaders and survivalists. I’ll be adding some of those terrific Web sites to the list. Thanks! Here is out list of Top Prepper Web sites: http://happypreppers.com/top-websites.html
Great list and we only have a few overlaps. Maybe next time you make a list PreparednessMama will be on it! I stopped by your Facebook page for a like and posted your article on my page. Happy prepping!
This is a great list – thanks! I am always looking for new blogs to read.
Thanks for stopping by. Let me know if you find any other good sites to add to the list!
Taylor-Made Ranch Homestead says
How very cool that you’ve included my blog at Taylor-Made Ranch Homestead on your list of homesteading sites (blushes) But I see the link to my site isn’t working correctly. To get to Taylor-Made Homestead Blog the link should be –> http://taylormaderanch.com/blog/ Thanks so much for listing my site – what an honor!!
Wolfe City, Texas
Hi, I really do love your site, you always teach me something new! I fixed that link, it points to your main page now instead of your awesome dehydrating green peppers post.
Survival Sherpa says
Thanks for including our blog on your value-adding list of sites!! Got some new one’s to check out like Taylor-Made.
My pleasure! I’m loving that post you have up today, I have plantain in my forest yard, this is a great resource. http://survivalsherpa.wordpress.com/2014/05/22/10-reasons-to-add-plantain-to-your-shtf-medicine-chest/
Seven Springs Homestead says
Thanks for adding our blog to your list, I really appreciate it!
I am so glad to find you, there is some great info here and I can’t wait to dive in and read everything. 🙂
Chickadee Homestead says
Thanks so much for including my blog on your list! I’m very flattered:) And I’m looking forward to checking out some of the other blogs listed as well! Thanks again!
It’s time to prepare for our families needs; learn here all freeze dried Meal recipes for your families emergency food storage needs.
Kathrin Diaz says
Being prepare any time is very important. Through this post it help me to be more aware and the things that I needed to prepare. Thanks a lot!
Thank you so much for sharing the huge list.