Save the Date: PrepareAThon Family Preparedness Webinar
Get ready for an exciting conversation on emergency preparedness for the entire family, presented by four women who have one title in common—mother. These mothers and well-known bloggers will offer tips, actions and insights on how to get your family prepared for disasters. Join the conversation via webinar on Thursday, April 16 at 2 PM Eastern Time.
You don’t want to miss this interactive dialogue to share preparedness ideas and learn from those who understand the importance of a prepared household. Each panelist will present on various topics and offer simple and actionable steps you can take to prepare your family for disasters.
Prepare for Disasters Topics will include:
• Using a shopping checklist to assemble emergency supplies;
• Collecting and safeguarding critical documents;
• Developing and testing emergency communications plans; and
• Preparing pregnant women and parents with infants for disasters.
The webinar, “Easy Ways to Help Prepare Your Family for Disasters,” will feature preparedness information from:
- Shelle Wells (that’s me!) of PreparednessMama is a preparedness enthusiast and blogger who is passionate about spreading the disaster preparedness message. She lives in Texas and started her blog in 2012 during National Preparedness Month. Shelle works to “take the scared out of being prepared” by offering readers easy-to-do preparedness skills on her website three times a week. For the webinar, Shelle will discuss how to assemble and update your emergency supplies with a shopping checklist. Follow Shelle on Twitter at @PreparednessMa.
- Erica Mueller is a self-proclaimed “geek” due to her love for all things Information Technology related like coding. In addition, to being an active blogger on Mom Prepares and her own blog, Erica Mueller Online, she is a part-time web developer., For the webinar, Erica will discuss how to collect and safeguard critical documents. Follow Erica on Twitter at @MomPrepares and @EricaMueller.
- Tanya Ferraro is no stranger to disaster preparedness. She coordinates three Medical Reserve Corps units from southwest to central Virginia. Tanya began her emergency management career in 2007 and is passionate about educating, motivating, and training others to care about their own preparedness. During the webinar, Tanya will discuss how to develop and test emergency communications. Follow Tanya on Twitter at @tjlasagna.
- Shelly Lopez-Gray works as a Clinical Nurse Coordinator for Texas Children’s Hospital Pavilion for Women and a labor and delivery nurse for Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital. She is dedicated to getting families prepared for disasters. During the webinar, Shelly will discuss disaster preparedness for pregnant women and parents with infants. Follow Shelly on Twitter at @shellylopezgray.
If you have questions about how to prepare your family, be sure to ask during the Q&A session following the presentations. This webinar will also offer closed captioning.
More from PreparednessMama
PreparednessMama provides women with reliable, realistic and practical information about preparedness, self-reliance, gardening, food storage and everyday life – without the hype. Come ask an expert how you can prepare your family for the big and small disasters in life.