Let There Be Light!
Have you ever had to spend an extended period of time in the dark? Maybe you’ve been out in the wilderness at night, unprepared (I hope not!) and had to make your way without a flashlight.
Maybe you’ve had a power outage at your house and had to fumble in the dark to find a flashlight. It can be scary and confusing. We all need the safety of light, especially during emergencies.
I’ve rounded up a list of 10 emergency light gift ideas that can bring illumination to you and your loved ones in a stressful time. These make great stocking stuffers and can be found at any sporting goods store.
There are affiliate links in this post…
Headlamps, flashlights, and small lanterns for light gift ideas–
1. I carry one of these small portable flashlights in my purse, it has been handy on many occasions. Fenix and Maglite are some of the top brands, but any light is better than none. Consider getting one for carrying in each bug-out bag. LED’s are some of the best out there.
2. You can’t go wrong with a basic keychain flashlight with a carabineer. Something simple to keep with your keys just in case. These work well and are very inexpensive, you’ll be able to get one for every family member.
3. Sometimes it’s nice to go hands-free and if you know someone that always wears a hat, the hat clip lamp is for them. What a great way to free your hands in an emergency.
5. A small rechargeable spotlight or flood light is handy to carry and easy to set down and point in the direction you need it to go. This works well for a car emergency kit because it illuminates your vehicle area when you need it.
6. How about one of those small push lamps for an unlighted area? Useful under sinks or in closets without power, these lights are helpful to have and are extremely portable.
7. This is my favorite night light! We purchased a Mini Eco-i-Lite™ for each bathroom. It serves as a power failure light, flashlight and nightlight, all in one compact unit. Just plug it in and the auto-sensor LED nightlight will illuminate at night and then shut off during the day. If you remove the portable LED flashlight from the base – it automatically turns on and provides seven hours of continuous light. There’s no need for batteries. The AC plug rotates to fit outlets of any orientation. It’s a thoughtful gift idea for families with children and for anyone who likes to be prepared for the unexpected.
8. These easy-to-use, elegant high-quality portable solar lanterns are lightweight, maintenance-free, and waterproof. Find them at The Grommet – Luci Lux by MPOWERD: Warm Light Inflatable Solar Lanterns
9. Solar powered garden lights can add oomph to a backyard party, ambiance to your patio, or illuminate a walkway, but this smart light takes it up a notch. Choose colors (from an endless array), adjust brightness, and set effects – like flashing, fading, and pulsing – all from the app on your smart device. You can even sync multiple lights as a group to create a mini light show, or set them to start glowing when the sun goes down. PLAYBULB: Bluetooth Solar Powered Outdoor Light
10. Handbag light SOI: Handbag Light SOI puts an end to blindly rummaging through your purse or backpack to find keys, wallet, or a pen. This clever little 1.5 ounce light turns on when it senses your hand. Battery operated and easy to transfer from bag to bag, SOI is the world’s first automatic bag light.
These are useful gifts, suitable for stocking stuffers and for someone who is putting together their survival kit. The cost is from $2.50 up – so give the gift of light this holiday season and don’t forget the batteries!