+ A Mason Jar Re-CAP Giveaway
If you are looking for a quick and tasty gift for friends and co-workers, this Lemon Chocolate Chip Scone Mix is just the thing. Package it up in a Mason jar with a reCAP Flip lid and it will be the gift that keeps on giving.
The chocolate chips make this scone mix a treat, but the lemony taste makes them extra special. I’ve used lemon powder for this recipe. You can substitute lemon juice in its place. To get the flakiest texture, make sure the butter is well chilled.
Enter below to win two of your own reCAP Flip tops and 10 gift tags from Mason Jars Company.
- 1- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon powder + 5 tablespoons water (or 5 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 5 tablespoons butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions for Baking
- Preheat the oven to 40 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon powder and salt.
- With a pastry blender or large fork, cut in the chilled butter until it is in coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons of liquid. Mix to form a dough.
- Turn the dough on a floured cutting board and pat or roll it into a 9-inch circle about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Cut into 12 equal sections, pushing the dough together if necessary. You can also use a large cookie cutter.
- Transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Directions for packing the Mason Jar for a gift
Start with a clean and dry Mason Jar. In a bowl mix together the first 5 dry ingredients and add them to the jar using a funnel.
Measure the 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips into a small zip bag, secure and place it on top of the flour/sugar mix.
Print the baking directions from the download Lemon Chocolate Chip Scone Mix gift tag and baking directions. Fold and add it to the jar.
Add a colorful reCAP flips lid, a ribbon, and gift tag. This mix will keep for 1 year under normal pantry conditions.
It’s a giveaway!
The Mason Jars Company has kindly donated two regular size reCAP Flips (in holiday red!) plus 10 cute holiday gift tags for this giveaway.
Retail Value: $18.97
- Begins: Dec. 9th at 12am Central Time
- Ends: Dec 14th at 12am Central Time
One Winner will be chosen
- The winner will be contacted by email and will have 24 hours to respond with their full names and mailing addresses. In the event that the chosen winner does not respond in a timely manner, a new winner will be chosen and will replace the original winner.
- Available ONLY in the continental United States
How will you reuse your Mason jar? Discover Ball Jars, reCAP mason jar lids, recipes, and tips for Mason jars. Made in the USA & FREE US Shipping!
More from PreparednessMama
PreparednessMama provides women with reliable, realistic and practical information about preparedness, self-reliance, gardening, food storage and everyday life – without the hype. Come ask an expert how you can prepare your family for the big and small disasters in life.