Make a Festive Oven Omelette
Merry Christmas from Tyra and Shelle! We hope your family is prepared for the holidays, and you are happy, healthy and safe. With all the craziness of the past few weeks, holiday preparations and last minute gift purchases we thought we would offer you something easy to prepare for tomorrow morning and something good for you. Make this yummy festive oven omelette recipe ahead of time and enjoy your Christmas morning!
This recipe has been part of my Christmas morning family tradition for the past 15 years or so. There are many variations to this oven omelette recipe and sometimes I just make it with whatever vegetables I have on hand or that need to be used, and omit the meat all together. Sometimes I leave out the baking mix and call it a fritata. This is so easy to make ahead and keep on hand that we just cut it into single serving pieces and keep it in the refrigerator for a few days. It makes a fast and nutritious breakfast.
Don’t forget to save this recipe in your Ziplist file for future holiday baking.
Festive Oven Omelette
- 1 lb. bulk sausage, cooked and drained well
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cup baking mix (like Krusteaz or Bisquick)
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- other spices to suit your family's taste
- Before going to bed on Christmas Eve, layer the sausage, mushrooms, green onion, tomato and cheese in a greased 13x9 pan
- Beat the remaining ingredients
- Pour over the sausage mixture
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (for easy baking in the morning - you can put it right in the oven if you wish)
- Cook uncovered in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and set
- About 30 minutes
- Cut into 12 3-inch squares
yum that looks so delicious!