This time of year dehydrating is an important part of my food storage plan. I have been plugging along with my reliable, round dehydrator for awhile now. It works just fine, but having an Excalibur would really step it up a notch. Too bad I can’t enter this giveaway!
What is different about the Excalibur?
- The Design – it is not a circle, so the hole that normally exists in the center of most dehydrators can be used for drying foods instead. The square design allows for more drying room and easier clean-up. These 9 trays will give you an amazing 15 square feet or space.
- The Method – With the heating element and fan mounted at the back of the unit, hot air is pushed consistently and evenly over all food, so your items will dry at the same rate. This means that the total drying time in the Excalibur is reduced.
- The Usability – There are two simple dials; one to control the temperature and one to control the 26 Hour Adjustable Timer. Set each one and simply walk away until your food is finished. You will have delicious jerky, dried fruits, herbs, and vegetables in just a few hours.
Back To School Excalibur Dehydrator Giveaway
As most of you probably know it is Back To School time! A group of blogging colleagues decided to put together a great fall giveaway. What is better than an Excalibur 9 Tray Dehydrator with a timer? Our gardens or farmers’ market are in full swing ready to provide the produce so we can dehydrate most fruits and vegetables as desired. The kids will be heading back to school, if they haven’t already, and would love to have goodies to take with them if allowed at their school. Some of our kids are homeschooled. Either way, let’s get dehydrating some fruits, vegetables, meat or herbs.
If your name is chosen as the winner what would be the first items you would like to dehydrate? We would love to hear from you!
Here are the bloggers involved in this fabulous giveaway:
1. Food Storage Moms
2. Imperfectly Happy
3. Whole New Mom
4. Montana Homesteader
5. I Get Ready
6. Survival For Blondes
8. Ever Growing Farm
9. Home ready Home
10. Sharing Lifes Abundance
12. Timber Creek Farm
13. Meliss K. Norris
14. Are We Crazy Or What?
15. Fabulous Farm Girl
16. The Backyard Pioneer
17. Memories By The Mile
18. Hostile Hare
19. That’s My Home
20. Common Sense Homesteading
21. Food Storage and Survival
22. Kneaded Creations
This giveaway is open to any resident 18 years of age or older living in the 48 Continental US States. The giveaway starts on Aug. 11th at 5:00 am (MDT). We will choose a winner at the end of the giveaway on Aug. 18th, 2014 at 5:00 pm (MDT). We will email the winner that is chosen and they will have 24 hours to respond to the email sent to them. If after 24 hours we do not hear from said winner, another winner will be chosen.
Thanks again for entering and good luck to all!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
More from PreparednessMama
PreparednessMama provides women with reliable, realistic and practical information about preparedness, self-reliance, gardening, food storage and everyday life – without the hype. Come ask an expert how you can prepare your family for the big and small disasters in life.