Welcome to the 30 Days of Preparedness Giveaway!
As promised, the Prepared Bloggers have put together a special giveaway for National Preparedness Month and you’re going to love it!. Many of the post contributors for 30 Days of Preparedness have also graciously provided a copy of their published works.
These authors are authorities on topics from gardening and chickens to natural medicine and water storage, all to help you become prepared for what life brings your way.
This 30 Days of Preparedness Giveaway is sponsored by Valley Food Storage and various preparedness authors.
Enter for a chance to win one of 3 great prize bundles:
Each bundle winner will receive:
- 1- Year Round Gardening Udemy course by Rick Stone valued at $30.00. “Learn everything you need to know to extend your growing season to 365 days a year no matter where you live. Not only will you learn how to have peas in June and tomatoes in August, but you will also learn how to grow tasty veggies in your garden all year long. Including the dead of winter! All using simple, inexpensive structures like mini hoop houses and cold frames”, from the Udemy website.
- 1- How To Embrace An Off-Grid Lifestyle by Tammy Trayer eBook valued at $9.99. To date, this eBook is unpublished; if you win, you will be one of the first to receive it!
- 1- The Trayer Wilderness Cookbook – Homesteading The Traditional Way by Tammy Trayer eBook valued at $5.99. “The cookbook is 72 pages of the Trayer family’s favorite recipes, tips and tricks in the kitchen as well as the use of essential oils in the kitchen. The cookbook included information on gluten-free and dairy-free cooking and Sun Oven cooking along with so much more”, from Trayer Wilderness website.
- 1- The Urban Chicken by Heather Harris eBook valued at $4.99. “With clear photos showing you step by step, you’ll have more confidence in raising chickens, knowing how to store your eggs, how to cut a whole bird and even how to can your chicken for long term, off grid storage. Learn what some of the different breeds of chickens are, and what we thought of them in terms of laying ability, friendliness and whether or not they could be used as dinner themselves (dual purpose or not)”, from The Homesteading Hippy’s website.
One bundle winner will receive all of the above items PLUS:
- 1- The Survival Group Handbook by Charley Hogwood paperback valued at $17.99. From Amazon, “s the first and most comprehensive book ever written on the subject of survival with others. It is designed to walk you through all the steps required to safely and securely find, and work with other people just like you who realize that going it alone in a dark world is not an option.”
- 1- Prepper’s Natural Medicine by Cat Ellis paperback valued at $15.95. From Amazon, “When disaster strikes, it will take more than food and water to keep your family alive. Prepper’s Natural Medicine empowers you with all the information needed to safely create your own medicines when a major disaster has rendered doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies unavailable. Using healing plants widely available and easily grown thorough out the US, expert prepper Cat Ellis explains how to craft renewable medicines from herbs, lichen, fungi, and other natural ingredients.” See the PreparednessMama Review
- 1- Start Prepping! by Tim Young paperback valued at $14.95. From Amazon, “Start Prepping! is the ultimate guide to personal emergency preparedness. It will help your family comfortably survive manmade and natural disasters and stay safe from everyday violence. You can’t hide from the risks we face, but you can prepare for them. Read Start Prepping! now and give yourself some peace of mind–because the day after disaster strikes, it’ll be too late.”
For a bundle total valued at $100!
The next bundle winner will receive:
- 1- Fresh Eggs Daily, Raising Happy, Healthy Chickens Naturally by Lisa Steele paperback valued at $20.00. From Timber Creek Farm website, “Beautiful gift book for you or a friend, packed with information on raising chickens from chicks to laying and beyond. This is a book every chicken owner should have in their library! Useful tips and recipes included.”
- 1- The Prepper’s Water Survival Guide by Daisy Luther paperback valued at $14.95. From Amazon “You can survive up to three weeks without food, but only three days without water! When catastrophe strikes, having enough water can spell the difference between life and death. The Prepper’s Water Survival Guide offers a step-by-step plan with straightforward information you can easily follow.” See the PreparednessMama review
- 1- Chickens From Scratch by Janet Garmen paperback valued at $12.00. From Timber Creek Farm website, “In Chickens from Scratch you will learn how and where to purchase your chicks, how to house, feed and care for them and ultimately enjoy the delicious fresh eggs the chickens will provide for your family.” See the PreparednessMama review
PLUS the four eBooks and Udemy course mentioned above for a grand bundle total valued at over $95!
One grand prize winner will receive:
1- 72 hour kit provided by Valley Food Storage valued at $123.25. This 1 person kit includes everything you need for a grab and go bag or just a daily readiness kit. Whether a natural disaster hits or you just get lost on that mountain road, this 72 hr kit is perfect for the active adult. With a rugged backpack that can double as a hiking pack, you’ll always be able to take your preparedness with you. The 72 hour kit includes:
- 1 x Backpack (colors vary)
- 10 x Servings of Food
- 1 x Gerber Blades Multi Tool
- 2 x Emergency Light Sticks
- 1 x Cooking Pot
- 1 x Berkey Bottle Filter – Purifies up to 110 Gallons.
- Survival Equipment
- 1 x SOL Emergency Blanket, (56″x84″)
- 1 x Fire Lite Fire Starter
- 4 x Tinder Quick Firestarter
- 1 x Slim Rescue Howler Whistle
- 1 x Button Compass
- 1 x Duct tape, (2″x26″)
- 1 x SOL Survival Instructions
- Medical Supplies
- 2 x Antiseptic Towelette
- 1 x Ibuprofen (200mg) 2/pkg.
- 1 x Triple Antibiotic Ointment, 0.5g
- 1 x Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, Knuckle
- 2 x Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric (1″x3″)
- 1 x Safety Pins
Valley Food Storage offers a wide variety of high quality, great tasting, 25 year long shelf life foods, 72 hour emergency kits, water purification and water storage products. The long shelf life foods have no fillers, no unhealthy preservatives, no hydrogenated oils, no MSG and are nonGMO. This is what you would consider the “real food” of food storage, the ingredients are individually sourced for their quality. Gluten free, and dairy free menu options are available, they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and to top it off, they’re a made in the USA company! Check them out here: Valley Food Storage
Also included in the grand prize is:
- 1- Surviving an Urban Disaster by Richard Duarte paperback valued at $29.00.
- The four eBooks and one Udemy course mentioned above.
For a total grand prize package valued at over $200!
This giveaway is open to US residents only and entrants must be 18 years or older to qualify. Giveaway runs from September 10th thru 30th. Winners will be chosen randomly, notified by email and given 24 hours to respond before another name is drawn. This giveaway is sponsored by Valley Food Storage and various preparedness authors and organized by Prepared Bloggers Network. Prize fulfillment is the responsibility of the sponsors and not the participating bloggers. Prize values are estimates only. Void where prohibited by law.
Please visit our 30 Days of Preparedness round robin!
Be sure to visit our sites and learn as much as you can about being prepared. We’ll be using the hashtag #30DaysOfPrep for these and many other ideas throughout the month of September, so join in the conversation and make 2015 the year you become prepared.
The Prepared Pantry: A 3 Month Food Supply | PreparednessMama
How to Wax Cheese for Long Term Storage | Perky Prepping Gramma
Dispelling the Canned Food Expiration Date Myth | Self Sufficient Man
6 Canning Myths You Must Know | Melissa K. Norris
How to Dehydrate Cherries | Mom With a PREP
How to Dehydrate Milk for Long Term Storage | Perky Prepping Gramma
Survival Tips from the Great Depression | Self Sufficient Man
The 5 best crops for Self Sufficient Gardeners | Our Stoney Acres
Butchering a Chicken | The Homesteading Hippy
Self-Sufficiency Simplified | Blue Jean Mama
3 Small Livestock Preparedness Tips | Timber Creek Farm
Essential Oils for Preparedness | Mama Kautz
Farm First Aid Preparedness | Timber Creek Farm
72-Hour Kits or Bug Out Bags
How to Build a 72-hour Go Bag | Blue Yonder Urban Farm
Build Your Dollar Store B.O.B. for your Car in minutes! | Simply Living Simply
10 Essential Oils You Need in Your B.O.B. and at Home | Blue Jean Mama
10 Must-Have Herbs for Your B.O.B | Simply Living Simply
How to Make a 72 Hour Emergency Kit | Mom with a PREP
5 Things New Moms Can Do to Prepare for Disasters | PreparednessMama
Trauma Essentials for the Prepper | The Prepared Ninja
Emergency Preparation for Those Who Are Disabled or Elderly | A Matter of Preparedness
10 Most Important Items a Female Prepper Should Have | Living Life in Rural Iowa
How to Prepare Your Car for Winter | Frugal Mama and the Sprout
How to Prepare For a Power Outage | Blue Yonder Urban Farm
Why Natural Health, Exercise and Whole Foods Play a Role in Survival | Trayer Wilderness
Getting Started With Water Storage | The Backyard Pioneer
10 Totally Free Prepping Things to Do | Living Life in Rural Iowa
21 Prepper Tips I Wish I’d Heard Before I Started Prepping | Urban Survival Site
Is Homesteading Like Prepping? | The Homesteading Hippy
What You Should Consider When Fire Is A Threat | Trayer Wilderness
11 Ways to Cook Off-Grid | Melissa K. Norris
Thanks for stopping by! Tell me one this you have enjoyed about the 30 Days of Preparedness Challenge.
Tina Nichols says
I am new to this whole process and small scale homesteading, but I want to become proficient and be able to take care of my family.
self-sufficiency….being able to do it all when the supplies run out.
Sharon K says
I’m pretty much just getting started, but I’d have to say the one area of preparedness I most want to improve upon is gardening and preserving my own food. At this point, this is my greatest challenge.
Rebecca pickett says
Gertrude Ezell says
My long term and short term food and water pantries are sorely lacking and I am working on them.
The more I learn about prepping, the more I realize I need to focus on short term water storage. I have filters, but if water isn’t immediately available, I need to make sure I have some water physically on hand. Thanks for all you guys do!
Thanks for the giveaway – knowledge is power, and gaining more should by my primary goal.
Living in California, I really need to be more up preparing for a earthquake disaster. I have some things in place, but there are many day-to-day items that need to be better planned out.
I’d like to try the Royal Berkey® 3.25 Gallon purifier
Water is my main concern, and having enough safe food on hand at all times for my son (he has severe food allergies).
I’d like to learn more about growing food to feed my family starting from seeds.
Food storage (doing it myself) and plans for clean water.
Christina Moore says
Definitely food storage!!!
Marcie J says
My next big step will be purchasing and learning to use a pressure canner. I really need to store more meat and preserve the veggies we grow. We don’t have room for a chest freezer so I want to learn to pressure can to expand our food storage.
Missy H says
My family and I are working on have supplies for at least 72 hrs. We are just starting our preparedness journey. The more we learn the better.
Trying my hand at container gardening. Need a lot of improvement, not much success as of yet.
Cassandra Brown says
Water, we really need to work on water storage
Kim H in GA says
Great resources. Thanks.
charlotte waring says
I have been dehydrating foods, I need to work on the water supply thing, and a chicken coop, grew up with chickens so I know a little ….
We became concerned about being prepared a little over a year now so we need to improve on all aspects. The one main area that concerns me is not having room for proper water storage.
Todd Brown says
I need help getting fit!
Teresa Duncan says
This is very exciting!
Beth Nicoson says
I am definitely a beginner. I can see all kinds of things here that will interest me but need to learn more about food storage. Thanks for the giveaway.
Shauna P says
I am working on 72 hour kits.
Jessie M. says
I want to understand how to store well large items of grain.
Diana Turner says
I want to learn more about storing, using and ultimately growing a small amount of grain.
Thanks for the chance.I want to learn more about natural remedies.
liz l says
Long term food storage – need more training.
Debora Hotard says
Just starting to be prepared and need all the help I can get.
Karen D says
I want to improve on food storage.